Followers

Monday, October 21, 2013

Onward!

You never know how strong you are, until life calls on you to be stronger. I've pushed my body further than I thought it could go. I've lifted higher weights, flipped huge tires, and run long distances, all the while praying what a neighbor taught me..."Lord, I'll put it down if you will help me lift it up". (Thanks, Barry!) Some people think they are weak, and not just in the physical sense, but emotionally as well. And then I've watched them be battered by life's unfortunate events, and from deep within comes a strength that was always there. From that, they grow into more of who God intended them to be. Painful life events make us stronger. We learn to weather the storms, and to not take the good weather for granted.

 I've stretched my faith further than I thought it would reach. I've asked for things from God and been disappointed when the answer is 'Not Now.' I've placed complete faith in God and walked away with life's fullest blessings. My faith has never wavered during this newest walk with Christ. I've seen what He can do. I've benefited from Him in so many ways. I am blessed beyond measure and I know it.  I also know that God has been by my side every step of this journey. I trust He knows that I am not finished here yet. And that I will continue to walk in His glory all the days of my life. Which for a time, felt like they were numbered.

And now I've experienced more courage than I ever thought possible. The Strength I have in my Faith allowed me to face cancer head on. The Courage I gain from God allows me to fight without ceasing. I know that I am held, preciously, in Our Saviors Arms. To listen to a diagnosis of breast cancer. To telling my children of my illness. To being held by my husband as I sobbed over mastectomy pictures. To going through test after test after test. To facing surgery that would change my body forever. To facing down those changes and looking at my new normal. To endure the pain. To not hold my children close. All of these take a courage I never knew I had. Each one, on it's own, capable of making a person stumble and fall. But through it all, the strength in my faith makes me courageous.

So my advice to whatever battle you may be facing. Whether it's health, financial, relationship, or emotional; do NOT set limits on yourself. You have it in you to do what you envision. You can walk the walk. Be Strong. Be Faith-Filled. Be Courageous!!!

Onward!

1 comment:

Jane Hamilton said...

Thank you, Kathy, for this inspiring article. You and David are a special family! We miss you in Dublin! Praying daily for your healing:)